Updating client policies
You can update the policies on the
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclient computer if you do not think you have the latest. If the client does not receive the update, there might be a communication problem.
Check the policy serial number to check whether your managed client computers can communicate with the management server.
You can only manually update the policy on the client computer. If policy settings prevent you from opening the user interface or the notification area icon, you may not be able to manually update the policy.
No command exists in
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerto manually prompt the client to update policies. The client checks in for policy updates based on its update method of pull mode or push mode.
To update the client policy on the client from the Windows taskbar
- In the Windows taskbar, in the notification area, right-click theSymantec Endpoint Protectionicon.
- ClickUpdate Policy.
To update the client policy from the client user interface:
- In the client, clickHelp > Troubleshooting.
- In theTroubleshootingdialog box, in the left column, clickManagement.
- On theManagementpanel, underPolicy Profile, click one of the following:
- ClickUpdateto update the policy directly from the management console.
- ClickImportto import the policy with one that was exported from the management console. Follow the prompt to select the policy file to import.