Identifying the infected and at-risk computers
You can use the
Symantec Endpoint Protection ManagerHome page and a Risk report to identify the computers that are infected and at risk.
- To identify infected and at-risk computers
- In the console, clickHomeand view the Virus and Risks Activity Summary.If you are a system administrator, you see counts of the number of Newly Infected and Still infected computers in your site. If you are a domain administrator, you see counts of the number of Newly Infected and Still infected computers in your domain.Still Infected is a subset of Newly Infected, and the Still Infected count goes down as you eliminate the risks from your network. Computers are still infected if a subsequent scan would report them as infected. For example,Symantec Endpoint Protectionmight have been able to clean a risk only partially from a computer, so Auto-Protect still detects the risk.
- In the console, clickReports.
- In theReport typelist box, clickRisk.
- In theSelect a reportlist box, clickInfected and At Risk Computers.
- ClickCreate Reportand note the lists of the infected and at-risk computers that appear.