Setting up scheduled scans that run on Linux computers
You configure scheduled scans as part of a Virus and Spyware Protection policy.
- To set up scheduled scans that run on Linux computers
- In the console, open a Virus and Spyware Protection policy.
- UnderLinux Settings, clickAdministrator-defined Scans.
- On theScanstab, underScheduled Scans, clickAdd.
- In theAdd Scheduled Scandialog box, clickAdd Scheduled Scan.
- In theAdd Scheduled Scandialog box, on theScan Detailstab, type a name and description for this scheduled scan.
- UnderFolder types, clickScan all foldersor specify the folders to scan.
- UnderFile types, clickScan all filesorScan only selected extensions.As of 14.3 RU1,Scan only selected extensionsoption is not available.Scheduled scans always scan container files unless you disable theScan files inside compressed filesoption or you create specific exceptions for the container file extensions.
- UnderAdditional options, check or uncheckScan for security risks.
- On theScheduletab, underScanning schedule, set the frequency and the time at which the scan should run.The retry setting underMissed Scheduled Scanschanges automatically according to whether you selectDaily,Weekly, orMonthly.
- UnderMissed Scheduled Scans, you can disable the option to run a missed scan or you can change the retry interval.
- If you want to save this scan as a template, checkSave a copy as a Scheduled Scan Template.