Setting up scheduled scans that run on Mac computers
You configure scheduled scans as part of a Virus and Spyware Protection policy. See:
Mac settings do not include all the options that are available for clients that run on Windows.
- To set up scheduled scans that run on Mac computers
- In the console, open a Virus and Spyware Protection policy.
- UnderMac Settings, clickAdministrator-defined Scans.
- On theScanstab, underScheduled Scans, clickAdd.
- In theAdd Scheduled Scandialog box, clickCreate a new scheduled scan, and then clickOK.
- In theAdd Scheduled Scandialog box, on theScan Detailstab, type a name and a description for the scan.
- UnderScan drives and folders, specify the items to scan.
- On theScheduletab, underScanning schedule, set the frequency and the time at which the scan should run.Symantec does not recommend to run a scheduled scan more than once a day. Increasing the frequency of the scans or setting up multiple scheduled scans may cause performance issues.
- If you want to save this scan as a template, checkSave a copy as a Scheduled Scan Template.