Managing the pseudonymous or non-pseudonymous data that clients send to Symantec
Symantec Endpoint Protectioncan protect computers by submitting pseudonymous information about detections to Symantec. Symantec uses this information to address new and changing threats. Any data you submit improves Symantec's ability to respond to threats and customize protection for your computers. Symantec recommends that you choose to submit as much detection information as possible. See:
Client computers submit information pseudonymously about detections. You can specify the types of detections for which clients submit information. The data that Symantec telemetry collects may include pseudonymous elements that are not directly identifiable. Symantec neither needs nor seeks to use telemetry data to identify any individual user.
Mac client submissions do not include SONAR or file reputation submissions. Linux clients do not support any client submissions.
- To change client submission settings
- In the console, selectClientsthen click thePoliciestab.
- In theSettingspane, clickExternal Communications Settings.
- Select theClient Submissionstab.
- Enable or disable theSend pseudonymous data to Symantec to receive enhanced threat protection intelligenceoption.
- SelectMore optionsif you want to enable or disable specific submission types, such as file reputation.
- If you participate in a Symantec-sponsored custom analysis program, selectSend client-identifiable data to Symantec for custom analysis.This option sends non-pseudonymous information to Symantec. Only use this option if you participate in a Symantec-sponsored program and want to share client-identifiable data with Symantec.