Testing a default IPS policy
To test the default IPS policy, you must first trigger an event on the client computer.
- To test a default IPS policy
- Rename an executable file (.exe) to a jpeg (.jpg).
- Upload the .jpg file to a web server\site.
- On the client computer, use a web browser to open the renamed executable file.To open the renamed executable file, you must access the web server\site using the IP address. For example, you would type:http://web server IP address/renamed executable.jpg
- On the client, if the IPS policy works correctly, the following events occur:
- You should not be able to open the .jpg file.
- A message in the notification area icon states that the client blocked the .jpg file.
- You can open the Security log and look for a log entry that states that the client blocked the .jpg file.