Testing a Virus and Spyware Protection policy
To test to see that the Virus and Spyware policy works, you can use the test virus file eicar.com. The EICAR test virus is a text file that the European Institute for Computer Antivirus Research (EICAR) developed. It provides an easy way and safe way to test most antivirus software. You can use it to verify that the antivirus portion of the client works.
- To test a Virus and Spyware Protection policy
- On the client computer, download the antivirus test file from the EICAR website at the following location:
- Run the EICAR test file.A notification appears that tells you that a risk is found.
- InSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager, on theMonitorspage, clickLogs.
- On theLogstab, in theLog typedrop-down list, clickRisk, and then clickView Log.
- On theRisk Logspage, theVirus found eventappears.