Adding computers to an organizational unit to install software
You can add computers to an organizational unit to which
Symantec Endpoint Protectioninstalls by GPO. When the computers restart, the client software installation process begins. When users log on to the computers, the client software installation process completes. The group policy update, however, is not instantaneous, so it may take time for this policy to propagate. The following process contains the commands that you can run on the client computers to update the policy on demand.
- To add computers to the organizational unit to install software, on the Windows Taskbar, clickStart > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In theActive Directory Users and Computerswindow, in the console tree, locate one or more computers to add to the organizational unit that you chose for GPO installation.Computers first appear in theComputersorganizational unit.
- Drag and drop the computers into the organization unit that you chose or created for the installation.
- Close theActive Directory Users and Computerswindow.
- To update the GPO on demand on the client computers, open a command prompt on the client computers.
- Typegpupdate, and then pressEnter.When complete, the command prompt window displays a message to let you know the policy update completed successfully. If an error message displays, follow the on-screen instructions for more information.
- Close the command prompt window.