Activating or importing your Symantec Endpoint Protection product license
Symantec Endpoint Protectionproduct license
You can use the License Activation Wizard workflow to perform the following tasks:
- Activating a new paid license.
- Converting a trial license to a paid license.
- Renewing a license.
- Activate an additional paid license in response to an over-deployment status.
You can import and activate a license with a file or serial number that you received from your preferred reseller. See Partner Locator
You can start the License Activation Wizard in the following ways:
- The Getting Started screen that appears after you install the product.You can also access the Getting Started screen throughHelp > Getting Started Page.
- TheAdminpage of theSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerconsole.
If you activate or import your license from the Getting Started screen, you can skip to step 3
- To activate or import yourSymantec Endpoint Protectionproduct license
- InSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager, clickAdmin > Licenses.
- UnderTasks, clickActivate license.
- ClickActivate a new license, and then clickNext. If you do not see this panel, continue to the next step.
- On theLicense Activationpanel, select the option that matches your situation, and then clickNext.The following table describes each option:OptionDescriptionI have a serial numberYou may receive a license serial number when you or your preferred reseller purchased the license. If you have a license serial number, select this option.If you have a serial number, selectI have a Symantec License File.I have a Symantec License File (.slf)In most cases, you receive a Symantec license file (.slf file) in an email from Broadcom shortly after you complete the purchase process. The file arrives attached to the notification email as a .zip file. If you have received a .slf file, select this option.You must extract the .slf file from the .zip file before you can use it to activate your product license.The .slf file contains the information that is unique to your license. To avoid corrupting the license file, do not alter its contents. You may copy the file for your records.
- Do one of the following tasks based on the selection that you made in the previous step:
- If you selectedI have a serial number, enter the serial number, and then clickSubmit. Review the information about the license you added, and then clickNext.To activate a license with a serial number, you must have an active internet connection and be able to reach the Symantec Licensing Server. If the connection succeeds, the Symantec home page loads. If the connection fails, see the following:
- If you selectedI have a Symantec License File (.slf), clickAdd File. Browse to and select the .slf file you extracted from the .zip file that came with your Symantec notification email. ClickOpen, and then clickNext.
- Enter information about your technical contacts and primary contacts, and about your company. Click to acknowledge the disclosure statement, and then clickSubmit.If you provided this information when you purchased your license, this panel does not display.