Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection clients with Save Package
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclients with Save Package
If you have a small number of clients, use the Save Package method to deploy and install the installation package on the clients.
Save Package creates the installation packages that you can install manually, with third-party deployment software, or with a login script.
Save Package comprises the following tasks:
- You make your configuration selections and then create the client installation packages.
- You save the installation package to a folder on the computer that runsSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager.For Windows, the installation package can be for 32- or 64-bit operating systems. The installation package comprises one setup.exe file or a collection of files that includes a setup.exe file. Computer users often find one setup.exe file easier to use.
The Mac and Linux client install packages automatically export a
.ziparchive file format. To correctly preserve the file permissions, you should expand the archive file with a native archive program, such as the Mac
Archive Utilityor the
dittocommand. You cannot use the Mac
unzipcommand, a third-party application, or any Windows application to expand the files for these operating systems
- To installSymantec Endpoint Protectionclients with Save Package
- In the console, launch theClient Deployment Wizard.ClickHelp > Getting Started Pageand then underRequired tasks, clickInstall the client software on your computers.
- In theClient Deployment Wizard, do one of the following tasks:
- ClickNew Package Deployment, and then clickNext. Save Package only installs a new installation package.
- ClickCommunication Update Package Deploymentif you want to update Windows or Mac client communication settings on the computers that already have theSymantec Endpoint Protectionclient installed. Follow the on-screen instructions, and then go to step 4.
- Make selections from the available options, which vary depending on the installation package type, and then clickNext.To uninstall existing security software on the Windows client, you must configure custom Client Install Settings before launching the Client Deployment Wizard.
- ClickSave Package, and then clickNext.
- ClickBrowseand specify the folder to receive the package.For Communication Update Package Deployment, or for Mac and Linux packages, go to step Click Next.For new Windows packages, checkSingle .exe file (default)orSeparate files (required for .MSI).UseSingle .exe fileunless you require separate files for a third-party deployment program.
- Review the settings summary, clickNext, and then clickFinish.
- Provide the exported package to the computer users.Provide the exported package to the users in the following ways: email, save the package to a secure shared network location, or use a third-party program.
- Confirm that the user downloads and installs the client software, and confirm the installation status of the clients.For newSymantec Endpoint Protectioninstallations, the client computers may not appear withinSymantec Endpoint Protection Manageruntil after they restart, either automatically or by action you or the user takes. Mac clients automatically prompt a restart when installation completes. Linux clients do not require a restart.