Installing the Symantec Endpoint Protection client for Mac
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclient for Mac
You can directly install a
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclient on a Mac computer if you cannot use or do not want to use Remote Push. The steps are similar whether the client is unmanaged or managed.
The only way to install a managed client is with a package that
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managercreates. You can convert an unmanaged client to a managed client at any time by importing client-server communication settings into the Mac client.
To prepare the
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclient for Mac for use with third-party remote deployment software, see Exporting and Deploying a
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclient via Apple Remote Desktop or Casper.
If you downloaded the installation file.
If you have a client installation package .zip from the Broadcom Support Portal.
The resulting virtual disk image or folder contains the application installer and a folder called Additional Resources. Both items must be present in the same location for a successful installation. If you copy the installer to another location, you must also copy Additional Resources.
To install the Symantec Endpoint Protection client for Mac:
- Double-clickInstall.Symantec Endpoint Protection
- To begin the installation, clickInstall.
- To install a helper tool that is needed for installing theSymantec Endpoint Protectionclient, enter your Mac's administrative username and password, and then clickInstall Helper.
- After the installation, clickContinueto finish setting up yourSymantec Endpoint Protectionclient.
- To set up yourSymantec Endpoint Protectionclient, take the following steps:Authorize theSymantec Endpoint Protectionsystem extension.In theSecurity & Privacydialog box, on theGeneraltab, atSystem software from application ", clickSymantec Endpoint Protection" was blocked from loadingAllow.If needed, click the lock icon to make the changes.You must authorize the system extension forSymantec Endpoint Protectionto fully function.Allow full disk access.In theSecurity & Privacydialog box, on thePrivacytab, make sureSymantec System Extensionis allowed to access data and administrative settings for all users on your Mac device.If needed, click the lock icon to make the changes.Allow changes to network profile.When promptedSymantec Endpoint Protection would like to filter network content, clickAllow.