Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
You perform several tasks to install the management server and the console. In the installation wizard, a green check mark appears next to each completed task.
For the most current system requirements, see: Release notes, new fixes, and system requirements for all versions of Endpoint Protection
Some Symantec products may cause conflicts with
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerwhen they are installed on the same server. For information about any necessary configuration changes in those products, see: Software compatibility with Symantec Endpoint Protection
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerinstallation and configuration checks the security policies for the required rights to allow the virtual service accounts to run correctly.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerautomatically changes local security policies, and alerts you to changes you need to make to domain security policies. You can also change your security policies before installation. See How to assign user rights to the Windows Security Policies for Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager services.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerrequires full access to the system registry for installation and normal operation. To prepare a Windows Server 2003 computer on which you plan to remotely install
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, you must first allow remote control on the computer. When you connect with Remote Desktop, you must also use a console session or shadow the console session in Remote Desktop.
If you install
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager14.2 in an IPv6 network, you must also have the IPv4 stack available for Java, even if IPv4 is disabled. If the IPv4 stack is uninstalled, Java does not work, and the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerinstallation fails.
- To install Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
- If you downloaded the product, extract the entire installation file to a physical disk, such as a hard disk. RunSetup.exefrom the physical disk.The installation should start automatically. If it does not start, open the disc, and then double-clickSetup.exe.
- In thedialog box, clickSymantec Endpoint ProtectionInstallation ProgramInstall, and then clickSymantec Endpoint ProtectionInstall.Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
- Review the sequence of installation events, and then clickNextto begin.
- In theLicense Agreementpanel, clickI accept the terms in the license agreement, and then clickNext.
- In theDestination Folderpanel, accept the default destination folder or specify another destination folder, and then clickNext.
- ClickInstall.The installation process begins for theSymantec Endpoint Protection Managermanagement server and console. When the installation is complete, clickNext.
- After the initial installation completes, you configure the server and database. ClickNext.TheManagement Server Configuration Wizardstarts.