Configuring Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager after installation
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerafter installation
The Management Server Configuration Wizard automatically starts after the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerinstallation. You configure the management server according to your requirements.
You can also start the Management Server Configuration Wizard at any time after installation from
Start > All Programs > Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager > Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Tools.
- With theDefault configuration for new installationselected, clickNext.The default configuration automatically installs the default database, Microsoft SQL Server Express (as of 14.3 RU1). Version 14.3 MPx and installed the embedded database as the default.
- Enter company name, a password for the default administratoradmin, and an email address.Alternately, you can add details to use a specified mail server.
- Optionally clickSend Test Email.Symantec Endpoint Protection Managersends password recovery information and other important notifications to this email account, so you should not proceed with configuration if you do not receive the email.
- Once you verify that you receive the test email, clickNext.For 14.3 MPx and earlier, indicate whether you want to run LiveUpdate as part of the installation. ClickNext. As of 14.3 RU1, LiveUpdate runs automatically as part of a new installation.
- You can also add the optionalPartner Information, if a partner manages your Symantec licenses, and then clickNext.
- Indicate whether you want Symantec to receive pseudonymous data, and then clickNextto begin the database creation.The database creation can take several minutes.
- When the database creation completes, clickFinishto complete theSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerconfiguration.TheSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerconsole logon screen appears if you leave the option checked to launchSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager. Once you log on, you can begin client deployment.
You can find a configuration summary in the following location on the server where
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manageris installed:
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\etc\SEPMConfigurationSummaryInfo.txt