Enrolling a Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager domain into the cloud console
You must first enroll a
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager(SEPM) domain before you can view or manage clients and protection from the Symantec Integrated Defense Manger (ICDm) cloud console. Enrollment is a process where the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerinstalls a hub component that lets you manage the clients from the cloud console as well as the SEPM.
You can enroll a maximum of 50 Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager domains.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerretains the enrollment status when you upgrade.
Before you start enrollment
Enrollment with the cloud console installs the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerbridge service, or connector, using an .MSI file.
Your environment must meet the following requirements to support the enrollment of a domain into the ICDm cloud console:
- Paid subscription to Symantec Endpoint Security Complete or Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise.To manage Adaptive Protection on 14.3 RU3, you must have a Symantec Endpoint Security Complete subscription.
- You can set up this login account when you initiate domain enrollment fromSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager. Or you might have an existing account to use for login. If you do not have sign in credentials, contact your account team manager.
- Administrator access to theSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager14.0.1 or later clientsYou can enroll aSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerdomain into the cloud console with earlier clients, but these earlier clients cannot take advantage of the cloud-only policies.
Step 1: Get an enrollment token from the cloud console
- Go toIntegration > Enrollment.
- SelectCopy to Clipboardto copy an enrollment token from this page.
Step 2: Start the enrollment
To start the enrollment from Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager(version 14.3 RU3 with a Symantec Endpoint Security Complete subscription)
For more information, see: Enrolling a Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager domain into the cloud console (14.3 RU3)
To start the enrollment from Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager(version 14.2 MP1 to 14.3 RU2 or a Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise subscription)
- Click theCloudpage.
- In the text box, paste the enrollment token that you obtained in Step 1 and clickEnroll Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
To start the enrollment from Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager(14.2 or earlier)
- InSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager, either go to theHomepage and selectEnroll Nowor go to theCloudpage.TheGet Startedbutton takes you to the Symantec Security Cloud sign on page.
- In the text box, paste the enrollment token that you obtained in Step 1 and clickEnroll Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.Once the SEPM is enrolled, you get a confirmation message.
- ClickLaunchin theSymantec Endpoint Protection ManagerHomepage banner to log on to the cloud console.
Step 3: After enrollment, sign on to the cloud console
After enrollment, all of your clients computers appear in the
Integrated Cyber Defense Managercloud console as devices. By default, the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managermanages the topology. To manage your devices and policies from the cloud console, you must switch management control on the cloud console. First, sign on to your Symantec Security Cloud account.
For more information, see:
Whenever you make a change to the device group structure, there is a 10-minute delay before the change appears in
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. The reverse is also true. The behavior is similar to how
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerreplication functions. During the delay, you should not try to make additional topology changes. The changes might not take effect.