Enrolling a Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager domain into the cloud console
You must first enroll a
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerdomain before you can view or manage clients and protection from the Symantec Integrated Defense Manger (ICDm) cloud console.
You can enroll a maximum of 50 Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager domains.
When you upgrade
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, SEPM retains the enrollment status.
Before you start enrollment
Enrollment with the cloud console installs the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerbridge service, or connector, using an .MSI file.
Your environment must meet the following requirements to support the enrollment of a domain into the ICDm cloud console:
- Paid subscription to Symantec Endpoint Security Complete or Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise.
- You can set up this login account when you initiate domain enrollment fromSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager. Or you might have an existing account to use for login.
- Administrator access to theSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager14.0.1 or later clientsYou can enroll aSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerdomain into the cloud console with earlier clients, but these earlier clients cannot take advantage of the cloud-only policies.
Step 1: Get an enrollment token from the cloud console
- Go toIntegration > Enrollment.
- SelectCopy to Clipboardto copy an enrollment token from this page.
Step 2: Start the enrollment
To start the enrollment from Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager(version 14.3 MP1 and earlier or a Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise subscription)
- Select theCloudtab.
To start the enrollment from Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager(14.2 or earlier)
- InSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager, on theHomepage selectEnroll Nowor go to theCloudtab.TheGet Startedbutton takes you to the cloud console sign in page. If you do not have sign in credentials, contact your account team manager.
Step 3: Complete the enrollment
- InSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager, paste the enrollment token into the specified area in theCloudpage.
- SelectEnroll Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.You get a confirmation message.
- You can selectLaunchin theSymantec Endpoint Protection ManagerHomepage banner to log on to the cloud console.
Step 4: Choose whether to manage clients and policies from the cloud console
After enrollment, all of your clients computers appear in the cloud console as devices. By default, the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managermanages the topology. To manage your topology from the cloud console, you must switch management control on the cloud console. For more information, see:
Whenever you make a change to the device group structure, there is a 10-minute delay before the change appears in
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. The reverse is also true. The behavior is similar to how
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerreplication functions. During the delay, you should not try to make additional topology changes. The changes might not take effect.