Configuring the amount of control that users have over LiveUpdate
You may want to allow users who travel to use an Internet connection to get updates directly from a Symantec LiveUpdate server. You can also allow users to modify the LiveUpdate schedule you set up for content downloads.
If an unmanaged client has a LiveUpdate Settings policy assigned to it when an install package is created, the policy settings always take precedence over a user's changes once the user restarts the computer. To install an unmanaged client that retains a user's changes to LiveUpdate settings after the computer is restarted, install the client from the installation file. Do not use a client install package that has been exported from the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- To configure the amount of control that users have over LiveUpdate
- In the console, clickPolicies.
- UnderPolicies, clickLiveUpdate.
- On theLiveUpdate Settingstab, right-click the policy that you want, and then clickEdit.
- UnderWindows Settings, clickAdvanced Settings.
- UnderUser Settingspane, checkAllow the user to manually launch LiveUpdate.
- Optionally, checkAllow the user to modify the LiveUpdate schedule.