Configuring Windows client updates to run when definitions are old or the computer has been disconnected
You can ensure that Windows clients update when definitions are old, or the computer has been disconnected from the network for a specified amount of time.
If you check both available options, the client computer must meet both conditions.
- To configure Windows client updates when definitions are old or the computers is disconnected from the manager
- UnderPolicies, clickLiveUpdate.
- On theLiveUpdate Settingstab, right-click the policy that you want to edit, and then clickEdit.
- UnderWindows Settings, clickSchedule.
- CheckLiveUpdate runs only if Virus and Spyware definitions are older than:and then set the number of hours or days.
- CheckLiveUpdate runs only if the client is disconnected fromand then set the number of minutes or hours.Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerfor more than: