Randomizing content downloads from the default management server or a Group Update Provider
Your default management server or Group Update Providers might experience reduced performance when multiple client computers attempt to download content from them simultaneously. You can set a randomization window in the communication settings for the group to which the client computers belong. Each client computer attempts to download content at a random time that occurs within that window.
The communication settings do not control the randomization settings for the client computers that download content from a LiveUpdate server. You can change the randomization settings for those computers in the LiveUpdate Settings policy.
- To randomize content downloads from the default management server or a Group Update Provider
- In the console, clickClients.
- UnderClients, click the group that you want.
- On thePoliciestab, underLocation-independent Policies and Settings, underSettings, clickCommunication Settings.
- In theCommunication Settingsdialog box, underDownload Randomization, checkEnable randomization.
- Optionally, change the randomization window duration.