Backing up and recovering your license file (.slf)
You should back up your license file in case the database or the console computer's hard disk becomes damaged.
After you receive the license file, save it to a computer that can be accessed from the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerconsole. Many users save the license on the computer that hosts
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. Many users also save a copy of the license to a different computer or removable storage media for safekeeping.
To back up your license file
- Copy the.slflicense files from the directory where you saved the files to another computer of your choice.
To recover your license file
- Do one of the following tasks:
- On theSymantec Endpoint Protection ManagerconsoleAdminpage, clickLicensesand then underTasks, clickRecover a deleted license. On theLicense recoverypanel, check the box next to the deleted license you want to recover, and then clickSubmit.
- Retrieve the license file from the following default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\license. When you import the license file using the Licensing Activation Wizard, Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager places a copy of the file in this folder.
- Go to the Symantec Endpoint Security website, and clickMy Entitlements. For more information, see: