Adding an administrator account and setting access rights
As a system administrator, you can add another system administrator, administrator, or limited administrator. As an administrator within a domain, you can add other administrators with access rights equal to or less restrictive than your own. Administrators can add limited administrators and configure their access rights.
- To add an administrator account
- In the console, clickAdmin>Administrators.
- UnderTasks, clickAdd an administrator.
- In theAdd Administratordialog box, on theGeneraltab, enter the user name and email address.
- On theAccess Rightstab, specify the type of administrator account.If you add an account for a limited administrator, you must also specify the administrator's access rights. Limited administrator accounts that are not granted any access rights are created in a disabled state and the limited administrator cannot log on to the management server. See:
- On theAuthenticationtab, underSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager Authentication, type the password the administrator should use to log on.When the administrator logs on to theSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager,Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerverifies with the database that the user name and password are correct. See: