Displaying a message for administrators to see before logging on to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerconsole
You can create and display a customizable message that all administrators see before they can log on to the console. The main purpose is to display a legal notice to tell the administrators that they are about to log on to a proprietary computer.
The message appears in the console after administrators type their user name and password and click
Log On. After administrators have read the message, they can acknowledge the notice and click
OK, which logs on the administrators. If administrators click
Cancel, the logon process is canceled, and the administrator is taken back to the logon window.
The message also appears if the administrator runs the reporting functions from a standalone web browser that is connected to the management server.
- To display a message for administrators to see before logging on to theSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerconsole
- In the console, clickAdmin, and then clickDomains.
- Select the domain for which you want to add a logon banner.
- UnderTasks, clickEdit Domain Properties.
- On theLogon Bannertab, checkProvide a legal notice to administrators when they log on to.Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
- Type the banner title and text.ClickHelpfor more information.