Resetting a forgotten Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager password
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerpassword
If you have a system administrator account, you can reset your own password and allow other administrators to reset their own passwords.
To reset a lost password, make sure that the following items are enabled:
- Administrators can reset their own passwords. See:
- TheForgot your password?link is set to appear on the management server logon screen. By default, this link appears. See:
- The mail server must be configured so that the mail server sends the notification.To troubleshootSymantec Endpoint Protection Manageremail failure, see:
Use this method for the administrator accounts that authenticate by using Symantec Management Server authentication but not by either RSA SecurID authentication or directory authentication.
The password must contain at least 8 characters and fewer than 16 characters. It must include at least one lowercase letter [a-z], one uppercase letter [A-Z], one numeric character [0-9], and one special character ["/ \ [ ] : ; | = , + * ? < > ].
(As of version 14.2.)
For more information, see:
- To reset a forgottenSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerpassword
- On the management server computer, clickStart>All Programs>Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager>Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.By default, theForgot your password?link appears on the management server logon screen.
- In theLogonscreen, clickForgot your password?
- In theForgot Passworddialog box, type the user name for the account for which to reset the password.For domain administrators and limited administrators, type the domain name for the account. If you did not set up domains, leave the domain field blank.
- ClickTemporary Password.The administrator receives an email that contains a link to activate a temporary password. An administrator can request a temporary password from the management console only once per minute. For security reasons, the management server does not verify the entries.
- The administrator must change the temporary password immediately after logging on.
To verify whether the administrator successfully reset the password, check that the administrator received the email message. See:
When you cannot reset your password
If you cannot recover your administrator password with the
Forgot your password?functionality, Symantec cannot assist with the recovery of your password. You must reconfigure the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerand database without a database backup. This procedure overwrites the previous management server and database settings and enables you to recreate a new password. Therefore, it is critical that you configure your email settings correctly when you set up the management server and when you audit administrator account information. See: