Running commands on client computers from the console
You can manually run commands on the client computer at any time, such as starting or canceling a scan. On managed clients, the commands that you run from the management server override the commands that the user runs. The order in which commands are processed on the client computer differs from command to command. Regardless of where the command is initiated, the commands are processed in the same way. See:
You run these commands from the following locations:
- TheComputer Statuslog. You can run theCancel All scansandStart Power Eraser Analysiscommands from theComputer Statuslog only.
- TheRiskLog. You can run theDelete from Quarantinecommand from theRisklog only. See:
If you start a scan, you can also cancel it immediately.
- To run commands on client computers from the console
- To run commands on the client computer from theClientspage, in the console, clickClients.
- Do one of the following actions for groups or computers:
- In the left pane, right-click the group, and then clickRun a command on the group >command
- Click theClientstab, right-click the computers, and then clickRun command on computers >command
- In the message that appears, clickYes.
- To run a command from the Computer Status log, clickMonitors>Logs> theComputer Statuslog type, and then clickView Log.
- Select a command from theCommandlist box, select the computers, and then clickStart.You can cancel an in-progress scheduled scan or a scan that you started by clickingCancel All Scansfrom the command list.
- On theCommand Statustab, select a command in the list, and then clickDetails.You can also cancel a scan in progress by clicking theCancel Scanicon in theCommandcolumn of the scan command.