Searching for information about client computers
You can search for information about the clients, client computers, and users to make informed decisions about the security of your network.
For example, you can find which computers in the Sales group run the latest operating system. You can find out which client computers in the Finance group need the latest virus definitions installed.
To search for most of the information about the users, you must collect user information either during the client software installation or later. This user information is also displayed on the General tab and the User Info tab in the client's Edit Properties dialog box.
For more information, see:
- To search for information about client computers
- In the console, clickClients.
- UnderTasks, clickSearch clients.
- In theSearch clientsdialog box, in theFinddrop-down list, click eitherComputersorUsers.
- ClickBrowseto select a group other than the default group. Click to select the group, and then clickOK.
- UnderSearch Criteria, click in theSearch Fieldto see the drop-down list, and then select the criteria by which you want to search.To find embedded clients, you can search for the type of write filters in use. ClickEnhanced Write Filter,File Based Write Filter, orUnified Write Filterto search for whether they are installed, enabled, or both. You can also search for the reduced-size client. ClickInstall Typeto search for a value ofReduced Size.
- Click theComparison Operatordrop-down list, and then select a comparison operator.You can use standard Boolean operators in your search criteria. ClickHelpfor more information on the options.
- In theValuecell, type the search string.
- ClickSearch.You can export the results into a text file.
You can export the data that is contained in the query into a text file. See: