Viewing the protection status of client computers
You can view information about the real-time operational and protection status of the clients and the computers in your network, such as:
- A list of managed client computers that do not have the client installed.You can view the computer name, the domain name, and the name of the user who is logged on.
- Which protections are enabled and disabled.
- Which client computers have the latest policies and definitions.
- The group's policy serial number and the client's version number.
- The information about the client computer's network components, such as the MAC address of the network card that the computer uses.
- The system information about the client computer, such as the amount of available disk space and the operating system version number.
After you know the status of a particular client, you can resolve any security issues on the client computers. You can resolve many issues by running commands on groups. For example, you can update content, or enable Auto-Protect.
If you manage any clients that run an earlier version of
Symantec Endpoint Protection, some newer protection technologies may be listed as
not reporting. This behavior is expected. It does not mean that you need to take action on these clients.
For more information, see:
- To view the protection status of client computers
- In the console, clickClients.
- On theClientspage, underClients, locate the group that contains the clients that you want information about.
- On theClientstab, click theViewdrop-down list. Then, select a category.You can go directly to a particular page by typing the page number in the text box at the bottom right-hand corner.