Adding a location to a group
When you add a location to a group, you specify the conditions that trigger the clients in the group to switch to the location. Location awareness is effective only if you also apply appropriate policies and settings to each location.
- To add a location to a group
- In the console, clickClients.
- In theClientspage, underClients, select the group for which you want to add one or more locations.
- On thePoliciestab, uncheckInherit policies and settings from parent group ".group name"You can add locations only to groups that do not inherit policies from a parent group.You can also clickAdd Locationto run theAdd Locationwizard.
- In theClientpage, underTasks, clickManage Locations.
- In theManage Locationsdialog box, underLocations, clickAdd.
- In theAdd Locationdialog box, type the name and description of the new location, and then clickOK.
- To the right of theSwitch to this location whenbox, clickAdd.
- In theTypelist, select a condition, and then select the appropriate definition for the condition.A client computer switches to the location if the computer meets the specified criteria.
- To add more conditions, clickAdd, and then select eitherCriteria with AND relationshiporCriteria with OR relationship.