Changing a default location
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manageris initially installed, only one location, called Default, exists. At that time, every group’s default location is Default. Every group must have a default location. When you create a new group, the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerconsole automatically makes its default location Default.
You can specify another location to be the default location for a group after you add other locations. You may prefer to designate a location like Home or Road as the default location.
A group's default location is used if one of the following cases occurs:
- One of the multiple locations meets location criteria and the last location does not meet location criteria.
- You use location awareness and no locations meet the criteria.
- The location is renamed or changed in the policy. The client reverts to the default location when it receives the new policy.
- To change a default location
- In the console, clickClients.
- On theClientspage, underClients,click the group to which you want to assign a different default location.
- On thePoliciestab, uncheckInherit policies and settings from parent group ".group name"
- UnderTasks, clickManage Locations.
- In theManage Locationsdialog box, underLocations, select the location that you want to be the default location.
- UnderDescription, checkSet this location as the default location in case of conflict.The Default location is always the default location until you assign another one to the group.