Checking whether the client is connected to the management server and is protected
After you install the client, check whether the clients are online and connected to the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. You can check the connection status on both the console and on the client.
- To check the client-management server connection
- To check the client-management server connection on theSymantec Endpoint Protectionclient, on the client computer, do one of the following tasks:
For more information, see:
- The client shield in the computer's taskbar has a green dot:
- Open the client and look on the Status screen, which states thatYour computer is protectedand displays a green check mark:
- Open the client and clickHelp>Troubleshooting.
- To check the client-management server connection inSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager, in the console, clickClientsand select the target group.
- On theClientstab, clients that are connected display an icon with a green dot in theNamecolumn and display a health state ofOnline:Clients that connect throughSymantec Endpoint Protection Managermay not immediately display the correct online status in the cloud console. Allow for 5-10 minutes after the online status changes to see an accurate reflection of the current status.
The client software installation failed.