Exporting the client-server communications file (Sylink.xml) manually
If the client and the server do not communicate, you may need to replace the Sylink.xml file on the client computer to restore communications. You can manually export the Sylink.xml file from
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manageron a group basis.
The most common reasons for replacing the Sylink.xml on the client are:
- To convert an unmanaged client into a managed client.
- To reconnect a previously orphaned client to the management server.
If you need to update client-server communications for a large number of clients, deploy the Communication Update Package instead of using this method.
- In the console, clickClients.
- UnderClients, select the group in which you want the client to appear.
- Right-click the group, and then clickExport Communication Settings.
- In theExport Communication Settings fordialog box, clickgroup nameBrowse.
- In theSelect Export Filedialog box, locate the folder to where you want to export the .xml file, and then clickOK.
- UnderPreferred Policy Mode, make sure thatComputer Modeis checked.
- ClickExport.If the file name already exists, clickOKto overwrite it orCancelto save the file with a new file name.To finish the conversion, you or a user must import the communications setting on the client computer.