Importing client-server communication settings into the Windows client
Once you have exported client-server communication settings, you can import them into a Windows client. You can use it to convert an unmanaged client into a managed client or to reconnect a previously orphaned client with
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- To import the client-server communications settings file into the Windows client
- OpenSymantec Endpoint Protectionon the computer that you want to convert to a managed client.
- In the upper right, clickHelp, and then clickTroubleshooting.
- In theTroubleshootingdialog box, in theManagementpane, clickImport.
- In theImport Group Registration Settingsdialog box, locate thegroup name_sylink.xml file, and then clickOpen.
- ClickCloseto close theTroubleshootingdialog box.After you import the communications file, and the client and the management server communicate, the notification area icon appears with a green dot in the computer's taskbar. The green dot indicates that the client and the management server are in communication with each other.