Restoring client-server communications with Communication Update Package Deployment
Communication Update Package Deployment
If the client-server communications break, you can quickly restore communications by replacing the Sylink.xml file on the client computer. You can replace the Sylink.xml file by deploying a communication update package. Use this method for a large number of computers, for the computers that you cannot physically access easily, or the computers that require administrative access.
Communication Update Package Deploymentis available as of version 12.1.2. For earlier versions, you can use alternate methods to replace the Sylink.xml file.
- To restore client-server communication settings withCommunication Update Package Deployment
- In the console, launch theClient Deployment Wizard.ClickHelp > Getting Started Pageand then underRequired tasks, clickInstall the client software on your computers.For 12.1.x, in theCommon Tasksmenu, clickInstall a client.
- In theClient Deployment Wizard, underCommunication Update Package Deployment, select whether you want a package for Windows or Mac clients, and then clickNext.
- Select the group on which you want to apply the policy, and then clickNext.For Windows clients only, you can set password protection.
- Choose one of the following deployment methods, and then clickNext:
- ClickRemote Pushand go to theComputer Selectionstep in the following procedure.
- Save Packageand go to theBrowsestep in the following procedure.
- After the communication update package is applied, confirm that the computers successfully communicate withSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager.