Restoring client-server communications with Communication Update Package Deployment
If the client-server communications break, you can quickly restore communications by replacing the Sylink.xml file on the client computer. You can replace the Sylink.xml file by deploying a communication update package. Use this method for a large number of computers, for the computers that you cannot physically access easily, or the computers that require administrative access.
For more information, see:
- To restore client-server communications with Communication Update Package Deployment
- In the console, launch theClient Deployment Wizard.ClickHelp > Getting Started Pageand then underRequired tasks, clickInstall the client software on your computers.
- In theClient Deployment Wizard, underCommunication Update Package Deployment, select whether you want a package for Windows or Mac clients, and then clickNext.
- Select the group on which you want to apply the policy, and then clickNext.For Windows clients only, you can set password protection. See:
- Choose one of the following deployment methods, and then clickNext:
- ClickRemote Pushand go to theComputer Selectionstep in the following procedure. See:
- ClickSave Packageand go to theBrowsestep in the following procedure. See:
- After the communication update package is applied, confirm that the computers successfully communicate withSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager.