Using a browser to test the connectivity to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager on the Symantec Endpoint Protection client
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manageron the
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclient
You can use a web browser on the client computer to test the connectivity between the management server and the client. This method helps determine whether the problem is with the connection or network, or with the client itself.
You can also check the connection between the management server and the client computer by using the following methods:
- Checking whether theSymantec Endpoint Protectionclient status icon shows a green dot.
- Checking the connection status on theSymantec Endpoint Protectionclient.
- To use a browser to test the connectivity toSymantec Endpoint Protection Manageron theSymantec Endpoint Protectionclient
- On the client computer, open a web browser, such as Internet Explorer.
- In the browser command line, type the following command:http://SEPMServer:8014/secars/secars.dll?hello,secarswhereSEPMServeris the management server's DNS name, NetBIOS name, or IP address.IP address includes IPv4 and IPv6. You must enclose the IPv6 address with square brackets:http://[SEPMServer]:port number
- When the webpage appears, look for one of the following results:
- If the wordOKappears, the client computer connects to the management server. Check the client for a problem.
- If the wordOKdoes not appear, the client computer does not connect to the management server. Check the client's network connections and that network services are running on the client computer. Verify the DNS service for the client and check its routing path.