Troubleshooting reporting issues
You should be aware of the following information when you use reports:
- Timestamps, including client scan times, in reports and logs are given in the user's local time. The reporting database contains events in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). When you create a report, the GMT values are converted to the local time of the computer on which you view the reports.
- If managed clients are in a different time zone from the management server, and you use theSet specific datesfilter option, you may see unexpected results The accuracy of the data and the time on both the client and the management server may be affected.
- If you change the time zone on the server, log off of the console and log on again to see accurate times in logs and reports.
- In some cases, the report data does not have a one-to-one correspondence with what appears in your security products. This lack of correspondence occurs because the reporting software aggregates security events.
- You can use SSL with the reporting functions for increased security. SSL provides confidentiality, the integrity of your data, and authentication between the client and the server.
- Risk category information in the reports is obtained from the Symantec Security Response Web site. Until theSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerconsole is able to retrieve this information, any reports that you generate show Unknown in the risk category fields.
- The reports that you generate give an accurate picture of compromised computers in your network. Reports are based on log data, not the Windows registry data.
- If you get database errors when you run a report that includes a large amount of data, you might want to change database timeout parameters.
- If you get CGI or terminated process errors, you might want to change other timeout parameters.For more information, see the following document in the following article: SEPM Reporting does not respond or shows a timeout error message when querying large amounts of data.
- If you have disabled the use of loopback addresses on the computer, the reporting pages do not display.