After you upgrade all management servers that had a replication relationship, you add the replication partner back. You must also re-add the management servers that were configured for failover and load balancing.
You only re-add replication partners on the computer on which you first upgraded the management server. The upgraded management server must also have previously been a replication partner in the same site farm.
After you add the replication partner back,
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managermakes the databases consistent. However, some changes may collide.
If you have two separate, non-replicating sites, you can also use this option to convert one of the sites into a site which replicates with the other site.
- On the console, clickAdmin > Servers.
- UnderServers, expandLocal Site, and underTasks, clickAdd Existing Replication Partner.
- In the welcome panel, clickNext.
- In theRemote Site Informationpanel, type the IP address or host name for the second management server, the system administrator's logon information, and then clickNext.The system administrator's user name isadminby default.
- Set the replication schedule and clickNext.
- Check which items to replicate, and then clickNext.Client package replication uses large amounts of traffic and hard disk space.If you clickYes, the management server performs a full replication of data between the two replication partners.
- When a message appears asking whether or not you have restored the database on the partner site, click one of the following options:
- ClickNoto replicate only the data that changed since this partner relationship was disabled. Symantec recommends this option, especially if your network has low bandwidth.
- ClickYesto perform a full replication of data between the two replication partners.
- Repeat this procedure for all computers that replicate data with this computer.Make sure that you restart the management server service after you restart replication.