Upgrading the Symantec Linux Agent
(For 14.3 RU1 and later)
As of version 14.3 RU1, the Linux client installer detects and uninstalls the legacy Linux client (earlier than 14.3 RU1) and then performs a fresh install. Old configurations will not be retained.
To upgrade the Symantec Linux Agent
- InSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager, create and download the installation package.
- Copy the downloaded package to the Linux device.
- Navigate to folder location and run the following command to make theLinuxInstallerfile executable:chmod u+x LinuxInstaller
- Run the following command to uninstall the existing agent and re-install the Symantec Linux Agent:./LinuxInstallerRun the command as root.
- To verify the installation, navigate to/usr/lib/symantecand run./status.shscript to confirm that the modules are loaded and daemons are running:./status.shSymantec Agent for Linux Version: 14.3.450.1000Checking Symantec Agent for Linux (SEPM) status..Daemon status:cafagent runningsisamdagent runningsisidsagent runningsisipsagent runningModule status:sisevt loadedsisap loaded