Upgrading an environment that uses multiple embedded databases and management servers
An environment that uses multiple embedded database and management servers has the following implications:
- The management servers do not use failover or load balancing forSymantec Endpoint Protectionbecause the embedded database does not support failover or load balanced servers.
- The management servers areSymantec Endpoint Protectionreplication partners.
All sites have a computer on which you first installed the management server. You must upgrade this management server first, because it contains critical site information such as the encryption key or encryption password. You then upgrade the other management servers that you installed for replication.
As of 14.3 RU1, the Microsoft SQL Server Express database replaces the embedded database. SQL Server Express supports failover and load balancing.
- To upgrade an environment that uses multiple embedded databases and management servers
- Authenticate to and log on to the computer on which you installed the firstSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager.Do not log on toSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager. If you use replication, you do not need to disable it first.Symantec Endpoint Protectiondoes not allow replication if the product versions do not match.
- Upgrade the management server.
- Upgrade all additional management servers one by one.