Enabling the use of a network-based Shared Insight Cache
For communication with
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclients over the network, by default Shared Insight Cache uses no authentication and no SSL. If you change Shared Insight Cache settings to Basic authentication with SSL or Basic authentication with no SSL, you must specify a user name and password that can access Shared Insight Cache. See:
- To enable the use of a network-based Shared Insight Cache
- In theSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerconsole, open the appropriate Virus and Spyware Protection policy and clickMiscellaneous.
- On theShared Insight Cachetab, checkShared Insight Cache using Network.
- ClickRequire SSLif you enabled SSL authentication in the configuration file.
- In theHostnamebox, type the host name of the host on which you installed Shared Insight Cache.
- In thePortbox, type the port number of Shared Insight Cache.
- Optionally, if you configured authentication for Shared Insight Cache:
- In theUsernamebox, type the user name.
- Optionally, clickChange Passwordto change the default password (null) to the password that you created for authentication.Leave these fields empty if you do not want to use a password.