Purging obsolete non-persistent VDI clients to free up licenses
Over time, obsolete clients can accumulate in the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerdatabase. Obsolete clients are those clients that have not connected to
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerfor 30 days.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerpurges obsolete clients every 30 days by default.
If you do not want to wait the same number of days to purge obsolete non-persistent clients, you can configure a separate interval for them. If you do not configure a separate interval, then offline non-persistent virtual clients are purged at the same interval that obsolete physical clients are purged.
Online non-persistent clients count toward the number of deployed licenses; offline non-persistent clients do not. See:
You can also filter the offline non-persistent clients out of the view on the
- To purge obsolete non-persistent VDI clients to free up licenses
- In theSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerconsole, on theAdminpage, clickDomains.
- In theDomainstree, click the desired domain.
- UnderTasks, clickEdit Domain Properties.
- On theEdit Domain Properties > Generaltab, check theDelete non-persistent VDI clients that have not connected for specified timecheck box and change thedaysvalue to the desired number.TheDelete clients that have not connected for specified timeoption must be checked to access the option for offline non-persistent VDI clients.