Devices and device groups overview
Device groups provide an easy way to manage your devices. You can organize devices in a device group and manage them as a single entity. You can create device groups to match the structure and security of your organization. For example, you might add device groups based on organizational structure, geography, or role.
You can perform the following tasks:
- View list of managed and unmanaged devices in your network.
- Filter devices or device groups based on selected criteria.
- Sort devices or device groups based on attributes, such as names.
- Apply protection to the devices in each group.
The device group hierarchy has the following default parent groups. You cannot rename or delete the parent groups.
- DefaultThis device group is created during customer onboarding.
- You cannot add, or move any device to theDefaultdevice group.
- You cannot create device groups under theDefault Group.
- My Company(14.1/14.2 only)This device group is imported from yourSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerdomain. It contains theDefault Group, all the devices and subgroups that you have created under this device group inSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager. You see this parent group after you enroll theSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerdomain.
Displays the device groups that you create or that are imported from a
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerdomain (version 14.1 or later) or identity provider. You can also view the number of devices that belong to each device group, and the policies that are applied to the device group. See:
Displays the list of devices that have the client software installed and are managed by the cloud console.
Displays the list of devices that do not have the client software installed on them. See:
Devices that you import from an on-premises
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerdomain
View the devices and device groups that are imported after successful enrollment of a
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerdomain. After the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerdomain enrollment, the clients and client groups are imported and appear as devices and device groups in the cloud console.
Integration > Enrollmentpage >
Manage Devices from the Cloudoption affects whether the cloud console or the
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managermanages groups and devices.