Adding a discovery agent to find unmanaged devices
You add a discovery agent to find unmanaged devices in your network. You must identify and install the installation package on at least one Windows device as a discovery agent before you can look for devices.
A discovery agent must meet the following criteria:
- Exclusively cloud-managed
- ASecure(green) orAt Risk(orange) device state
Only the devices that meet these criteria appear on the candidate list.
- To add a discovery agent to find unmanaged devices
- On theEndpointtab, go to one of the following:
- Settings > Device Discovery
- Devices > Unmanaged Devices > Run Discovery
- SelectSelect Discovery Agents.
- Select any device that you want to use as a discovery agent, and then pressAdd.
- In theActionsmenu or under theScan Rangeof the discovery agent for which you want to discover devices, selectEdit IP Range.
- SelectEntire subnetorIP range within subnetand then pressDone.If you selectIP range within subnet, enter the IP addresses that begin and end the scan range.
- SelectDiscover Nowto begin the Network Discovery in the selected IP network range.