Creating and installing a Symantec Agent for Linux installation package
You create, download, and install a Linux redistributable installation package that contains the files necessary to install the Symantec Agent for Linux on a device.
The proxy settings that you enter on the
Proxy Server Configurationpolicy page must match the proxy settings in the environment where the Symantec Agent for Linux is installed. If the proxy settings do not match, the installation fails.
- To create and install a Symantec Agent for Linux installation package
- In the cloud console, go toSettings > Installation Package.
- On theInstallation Packagepage, select the following:
- Operating SystemFrom the drop-down box, select Linux. The resulting installation package can only be installed on the Linux devices.
- Device GroupTo select a device group other thanDefault, pressChange, select the group, and then pressOK. All devices that enroll with the installation package are added to the selected device group.
- Installation TypeSelectOnline installation package.When you run this file, the installation components download and install directly on the device.
- PressDownload Package.The file saves to the default download location of the web browser.After you download the installation package, you can directly install the package on a Linux device.
- Put the package on a network share, USB device, or other share mechanism.
- Transfer the package to the Linux device.
- Navigate to folder location and run the following command to make theLinuxInstallerfile executable:chmod u+x LinuxInstaller
- Run the following command to install the agent:./LinuxInstallerYou must run the command as root.To view the list of installation options, run./LinuxInstaller -h.
- To verify the installation, navigate to/usr/lib/symantecand run./status.shto confirm that the modules are loaded and daemons are running:./status.shSymantec Agent for Linux Version: 14.3.450.1000Checking Symantec Agent for Linux (CDM) status..Daemon status:cafagent runningsisamdagent runningsisidsagent runningsisipsagent runningModule status:sisevt loadedsisap loadedCommunication status:server connection success