Installing the Symantec Agent directly on a device
An online installation package lets you install the client software directly onto a device.
Note that this option can be bandwidth-intensive because the installation package file downloads the installation components from the cloud for every installation.
- To install the Symantec Agent directly on a device
- In the cloud console, go toSettings > Installation Package.
- Configure the following settings:
- UnderOperating System, select the operating system for which you want to create the package.
- (Windows only) PressAdvanced optionsto configure advanced options, such as installation type or installation folder. PressSave.
- UnderSymantec Agent Features, select the features that you want to add to the package.Note that the protection features are included in the Symantec Agent installation package by default and you cannot add or remove them.
- UnderDevice Group, pressChangeto select a device group other thanDefault.
- UnderInstallation Type, selectOnline installation package.
- PressDownload Package.The fileSymantec_Agent_Setup.exedownloads to the default download location for your browser.
- RunSymantec_Agent_Setup.exeon your device.Running this file downloads installation components and then begins the installation process on your device. If you are asked, allowSymantec Endpoint Securityto make changes to the device. Restart your device as needed.