Inviting users to download and install the Symantec Agent
You can send email to one or more email addresses to invite users to download the client package for installation on their devices.
For example, you may prefer this method for your remote workers or for a smaller branch office that has not implemented a software deployment system.
The email includes a link to each client package that is hosted in the cloud. The users select the link that matches the operating system of their device to download the package. They must then launch the installation. After the installation completes, the device appears in the cloud console under
- To invite users to download and install the Symantec Agent
- In the cloud console, go toSettings > Installation Package.
- (Optional) Configure the following settings for the client package:
If you open theInvite Usersdialog from theManaged Devicespage, you cannot configure theDevice GrouporAdvanced options. In this case, the devices are added to theDefaultdevice group and the installation is performed with default settings.
- (Windows only) To configure advanced installation settings, pressAdvanced options, make the changes, and then pressSave.
- To select a device group other thanDefault, pressChange, select the group, and then pressOK.
- ressInvite Users.
- Indicate for which operating systems you want to provide a link.
- Select the Symantec Agent features that you want to add to the client package.The following conditions and limitations apply:
- Depending on your subscriptions, the list of features may vary.
- The Secure Connection features are only supported for Windows 10.
- SelectAddto add an email address, or a comma-separated list of email addresses. Email addresses can be for distribution lists, or for individual users.After you add email addresses, you can edit or remove them.
- When the address list is complete, pressInviteto send an email.The email that the users receive includes the instructions to click the links for the operating system of their device. It also instructs them to double-click the downloaded package to begin the installation.
- After installation completes, the device appears with other managed devices inDevices > Managed Devices.