Preparing a redistributable package for use with VMware Workspace ONE
You can deploy the Symantec Agent package with Workspace ONE with the following recommended settings.
- To prepare a redistributable package for use with VMware Workspace ONE
- Create a redistributable package.
- Navigate to the package download folder that you created.
- Select all files, and then right-click and selectSend to > Compressed (zipped) folder.Ensure that the fileSymantec_Agent_install.exeis in the root of the .zip file, and not in a subfolder of the zip file.
- In Workspace ONE, create a new application with the following application properties.ForDetails:
- Supported Processor Architecture:32- or 64-bit (depending on the downloaded package type)
- Supported Models: Desktop
ForDeployment Options > How to Install:
- Application file: Select and upload the .zip file that you created.
- App Uninstall Process:Custom script type: InputUninstall command:Symantec_Agent_install.exe /UNINSTALL /SILENT
ForDeployment Options > When to Call Installation Complete:
- Install Context: Device
- Install Command:Symantec_Agent_install.exe /SILENT
- Admin Privileges: Yes
- Device Restart: Do not restart
- Retry Count: 0
- Identify Application By: Defining criteriaFile exists -%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection
- In Workspace ONE, select the devices to receive the agent package, and then publish the created application to start the deployment.
For detailed instructions on how to use Workspace ONE, consult that product's documentation.