Upgrading the Symantec Agent for Linux
(For 14.3 RU1 and later)
Symantec Agent for Linux detects and uninstalls the older
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclient for Linux and then performs a fresh install. Old configurations will not be retained.
- To upgrade the Symantec Agent for Linux
- In the cloud console, go to theSettings > Installation Package, and take the steps to download the installation package.
- Copy the downloaded package to the Linux device.
- Navigate to folder location and run the following command to make theLinuxInstallerfile executable:chmod u+x LinuxInstaller
- Run the following command to uninstall the existing agent and re-install the Symantec Agent for Linux:./LinuxInstallerRun the command as root.
- To verify the installation, navigate to/usr/lib/symantecand run./status.shto confirm that the modules are loaded and daemons are running:./status.shSymantec Agent for Linux Version: 14.3.450.1000Checking Symantec Agent for Linux (CDM) status..Daemon status:cafagent runningsisamdagent runningsisidsagent runningsisipsagent runningModule status:sisevt loadedsisap loadedCommunication status:server connection success