Applying a policy to a device group
After creating a device group, you must apply a policy or a policy group to enforce policy rules to protect devices in the group. A group must have a security policy applied to it. All devices within the device group receive the policy.
If you apply a Host Integrity policy to a device group, you are required to enter a one-time PIN that is sent to your email address. A PIN is also required if a Host Integrity policy is part of a policy group that is applied to a device or device group.
The default policy is automatically applied to the default group so that devices are protected immediately after you deploy the client on a device.
When you apply a policy to a multi-platform device group, only applicable policies are targeted to the devices as per their platform.
- To apply a policy to a device group (from the Policies page)
- Go toPolicies.
- On thePoliciestab, select a policy, and selectApply.
- In theGroup Hierarchypane, select the device group(s) that should use the policy.A device group can be associated with only one policy at a time of the same policy type. If you select a device group that is associated with another policy of the same policy type, you receive a message prompt to override the device group conflict. SelectingYesremoves the existing policy and applies the current policy to the device group.
To apply a policy to a device group (from the Devices page)
- Go toDevices.
- On theDevice Groupstab, select a group.
- SelectApply Policy.
- Select one or more policies, and selectSubmit.