Applying a policy to a device group
After creating a device group, you must apply a policy or a policy group to enforce policy rules to protect devices in the group. A group must have a security policy applied to it. All devices within the device group receive the policy.
The default policy is automatically applied to the default group so that devices are protected immediately after you deploy the client on a device.
When you apply a policy to a multi-platform device group, only applicable policies are targeted to the devices as per their platform.
- To apply a policy to a device group (from the Policies page)
- Go toPolicies.
- On thePoliciestab, select a policy, and selectApply.
- In theGroup Hierarchypane, select the device group(s) that should use the policy.A device group can be associated with only one policy at a time of the same policy type. If you select a device group that is associated with another policy of the same policy type, you receive a message prompt to override the device group conflict. SelectingYesremoves the existing policy and applies the current policy to the device group.
To apply a policy to a device group (from the Devices page)
- Go toDevices.
- On theDevice Groupstab, select a group.
- SelectApply Policy.
- Select one or more policies, and selectSubmit.