Blocking or allowing an external device
You can add external devices to block or allow. Allowing a device excludes it from an existing block rule.
If you do not see listed the external device that you want to block or allow, you must first add it to the list of external devices through
Policies > Policy Components > External Devices.
- To block or allow an external device
- Go toPolicies > Device Control Policy.
- UnderDevice Control Rules, pressAdd Rule.
- Select the operating system option that applies, and then pressNext.
- Select one or more devices from the list, and then pressNext.If you don't see the device for which you want to add a rule, go back and make sure you selected the correct operating system option. Otherwise, you may need to add the external device throughPolicies > Policy Components > External Devices.
- Under the columnAction, use the drop-down menu to selectAllow AllorBlock All.