Configuring Symantec Web Security Service integration with Endpoint Security products
You require Symantec Web Security Service integration to use Endpoint Security products in an organization that has Symantec Web Security Service (WSS) as the secure gateway service for your devices. The configuration lets you have a seamless deployment of the Symantec Web Security Service through the Symantec Agent for your devices.
Symantec Web Security Service (WSS)
Symantec Web Security Service (WSS) provides a real-time protection against web-borne threats.
Symantec Endpoint Securityand
Secure Connectioncan expand the Web Security Service to Windows 10 devices through the Symantec Agent that redirects web-traffic from your device to WSS. The redirection lets you apply the web-security policies and protection you defined WSS.
Before you begin
To configure the Symantec Web Security Service integration, you need to obtain an integration token from the WSS console.
- To create an integration token forSecure Connection
- Sign in to Web Security Service console.
- Navigate toService mode > Account Maintenance > Integrations, and pressNew Integration.
- Select Symantec Endpoint Suite.
- Save the Token.
- On theIntegrationpage, copy theIntegration Tokenand keep in the clipboard or record it. You require this token to configure the WSS integration.
Symantec Web Security Service integration
Web Security Service Authentication Tokento enable the integration between Endpoint Security products and Symantec Web Security Service (WSS). Integration with Symantec Web Security Service (WSS) lets you automate the security of full network traffic or web traffic on all the registered devices.
To configure the WSS integration
- In theEndpointtab, selectSettingsand go to theWeb Security Service Integrationpage.
- On theWeb Security Service Integrationpage, go to theWeb Security Service Authentication Tokenfiled, and enter or copy in the integration token that you have created from the WSS console.
It can take up to fifteen minutes for the Web Security Service profile.