Configuring mobile device management
You can configure your mobile device management (MDM) provider to import devices as unmanaged devices. Once the devices appear as unmanaged devices, you can enroll the devices with push enrollment.
To discover unmanaged devices and deploy to them without the use of mobile device management, see:
To configure mobile device management, see:
- To importSecure Connectioninto Workspace ONE(Applies toSecure Connectiononly.)
Secure Connectionis a capability in
Symantec Endpoint Securitythat provides Rogue Wireless Protection, Network Integrity and Smart VPN for Windows 10, Windows 10 in S Mode and Windows on ARM devices.
To configure Workspace ONE for API access
- In Workspace ONE, go toGroups & Settings > All Settings > System > Advanced > API > REST API.
- PressAdd, and then do the following:
- Enter a name for the service.
- SelectAdminfor the account type.
- Copy the API Key, which is required later to configure mobile device management in the cloud console.
- In Workspace ONE, go toAccounts > Administrators > List View.
- Add a new administrator or select an existing administrator, select the tabAPI, and then configure the account as follows:
- ForAuthentication, selectCertificates.
- Create and enter a certificate password.This password is required later to configure mobile device management in the cloud console.
- PressExport Client Certificate.This certificate is required later to configure mobile device management in the cloud console.
To configure mobile device management in the cloud console
- In the cloud console, go toSettings > Device Management.
- UnderMDM Configuration, use the toggle to enableMobile Device Management (MDM).If you disableMobile Device Management (MDM), the MDM provider settings that you configured in the cloud console are deleted.
- Select your MDM provider from the drop-down list.
- Enter the following provider settings:
- API URLThis URL is associated with your VMware tenant.
- API keyThis API Key is the one that you previously copied.
- Client certificateThis client certificate is the one that you previously saved.
- Certificate passwordThis certificate password is the one that you previously created. See:
- PressValidateto validate the settings, and then pressRegister.
- Configure mobile device synchronization settings:
- Enable Scheduled SynchronizationEnable this option to synchronize devices from the MDM provider on a regular schedule.
- Sync NowClickSync Nowto start device synchronization immediately.
- In Workspace ONE, go toApps & Books.
- In the main window, selectPublic.
- SelectAdd Application, and provide the following values:
- Platform: Windows Desktop
- Source: Import from BSP
- In the display of applications to import, verify thatSecure Connectionappears on the list.
You can then go to
Devices > Unmanaged Devicesto enroll the devices with push enrollment. See: