Importing a bulk allow list file for file name
Symantec Endpoint Security, you can create a CSV file with a list of specific file names. You can then import it into an Allow List policy. After a successful import, the file names appear in the Allow List policy that you select.
- To create a bulk allow list file for file name
- Open a text editor.
- Include one file name on each new line.You can use the following file name formats:
The format of the contents of the CSV file should look like the following example:[COMMON_APPDATA]ccJobStarterTool.exe [COMMON_APPDATA]SmashDownload.dll
- File nameFor example:ACPCON~1.DLL
- Full path to file nameFor example:C:\IBMTOOLS\APPS\ACCESS\TEMP\ACPCON~1.DLL
- Prefix and path to file nameFor example:[COMMON_APPDATA]ACPCON~1.DLLFor a list of prefixes, see:
- Save the file with the file extension.csv.
The CSV file cannot be larger than 1MB.
You should limit the maximum number of file names in a single CSV file to 6,000.
To import a bulk allow list file for file name
- In the cloud console, go toSettings > Deny List and Allow List > Allow List > Allowed by File Name, and pressImport Allow List File.
- Select the policy to update.
- Press the browse icon and locate the CSV file containing the file names.
- PressImport.You see a confirmation message that the file names are added to the policy.