Importing a bulk allow list file for file path
Symantec Endpoint Security, you can create a CSV file with a list of specific file paths. You can then import it into an Allow List policy. After a successful import, the file paths appear in the policy that you select.
- To create a bulk allow list file for file path
- Create a CSV file.
- Add the following values to each new line and separate the values with a comma.The first value is the file path. You can use the following formats:
The second value indicates whether to include subfolders, and can be one of the following values:
- Full pathFor example:C:\IBMTOOLS\APPS\ACCESS\TEMP\ACPCON~1.DLL
- Prefix and pathFor example:[COMMON_APPDATA]\TEMP\ACPCON~1.DLLFor a list of prefixes:
The format of the contents of the CSV file should look like the following example:"C:\IBMTOOLS\APPS\ACCESS\ccJobStarterTool.exe",TRUE "[COMMON_APPDATA]\BASH\SMASHTOOL\SmashDownload.dll",FALSE
- Save the file with the file extension.csv.
The CSV file cannot be larger than 1MB.
You should limit the maximum number of file paths in a single CSV file to 6,000.
To import a bulk allow list file for file path
- In the cloud console, go toEndpoint>Settings > Deny List and Allow List > Allow List tab > Allowed by Path, and pressImport Allow List File.
- Select the policy to update.
- Press the browse icon and locate the CSV file containing the file paths.
- PressImport.You see a confirmation message that the file paths are added to the policy.